In Indian Tradition Dal Khichdi soup is a one of the best healthy food when someone is not well. Dal khichdi is an proven ancient ayurvedic recipe which doctors also prefers to recommend due to its easy to digest quality and detoxify quality. In general Dal Khichdi is well famous among toddlers and elderly people. Many a time my family also likes it in as Main course for the dinner. Soak some split green lentil(moong daal) and rice(chawal) for 15-20 mins and heat a little ghee in the pressure cooker add a clove to it and then add the soaked daal and chawal to it. Add any vegetable of your choice. Add salt and pinch of turmeric powder and water to it and cook it in pressure cooker till it whistles 3-4 times. Then whisk the khichdi to have a soup like consistency. Add ghee and serve it hot.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 3/4 Cup Rice
- 1/4 Cup Moong Daal
- 1 No. Carrot/Beetroot Small
- 1 No. Tomato medium size
- 2 Tbs Ghee
- 1-2 No. Clove
- Salt as per taste
- 1 pinch of Turmeric powder
- Heat ghee on medium flame in a pressure cooker and add clove. When it splitters then add soaked rice and daal . Add small pieces of tomatoes and grated beetroot or carrot or any other vegetable of your choice
- Pressure cooker it till it whistles 3-4 times. When you are ready to open the cooker open it and whisk the dal khichdi till it is like a soup
- Then add additional ghee to it and serve hot.
- Tips: If garlic flavour is loved at your home then heat ghee in a spoon and some finely chopped garlic to it and little red chilli powder and add this ghee to the khichdi to give garlic flavor to it
Fusion for Kids/Toddlers:-
Add compulsorily grated beet root or carrot to it as it gives a different colour to the regular Khichdi and its soup form is loved by small babies and kids. The garlic flavor added to it will be loved by kids.