Quick Easy tasty Almond dessert / Healthy Desert for Todlers/Kids One of the royal and most liked dish during Diwali or any festive occasions is Badam ka Halwa . This Halwa is a Kind of Desert which can be made and stored in the refrigerator and easily remains good for about 15 days. You can just heat it in the microwave and serve to your guests. Traditionally, almonds are soaked overnight, peeled and then made into a paste. Then the paste is stir fried in ghee and this process takes quite a bit of time and effort. I have learnt this instant type of quick recipe from my mother who is an awesome cook.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 100 gms Almonds (Badam) (Approx 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 5 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Ghee /Clarified butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar/chini
- 1 pinch Saffron/kesar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder/elaichi
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Grind dry almonds in a mixer to make a powder.
- Add the powder to the cream and soak it for 5-10 mins.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add wheat flour and fry it it become pink in colour.
- Now add almond paste and stir on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Add milk and water and cook ,keep stirring to avoid lumps
- When water start boiling add sugar and saffron.
- Cook it started to thicken and almost dries up.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix.
- Serve hot.
Fusion for Kids/Toddlers: Melt Half slab of Dark Chocolate and Milk Compound chocolate in a bowl in Microwave for 30 secs. If it does not melt melt it for another 30 secs. Make round balls of the halwa and dip it in chocolate and set it in refrigerator for 5 mins.