Quick Easy tasty Street food / Healthy Street Food @ Home for Toddlers/Kids When in week day want to have some tasty healthy dinner other than the normal Puri Bhaji( chapati bhaji) , we can make this Quick Pav Bhaji, it contains a lot of veggies which are cooked together with minimal loss of nutrients and served with pav, it is a good way to consume a number of veggies together in a single food. Pav Bhaji nowadays has become a popular street food due to its delicious taste and loved by children as well. It acts as a good way to make kids eat veggies not of their choice.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 No Chopped capsicum
- 1/2 Small Chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 Small Chopped cabbage
- 2 medium Chopped onion
- 2 medium Chopped potato
- 2 medium Chopped tomato
- 1 medium Beet root Boiled (Optional)
- 1 cup Pea
- 3-4 cloves Chopped garlic
- 2 nos Green chillies
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 2 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- 100 grms Butter
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash all the vegetables and roughly chop them
- Take all the veggies in a pressure cooker (except tomato and onion) with adding very little water in it just pressure cook it on high flame, up to 4 whistles. Set aside to cool
- Once cool, transfer the pressure cooked vegetables into a mixer grinder and grind it just for a second ensuring not to make a fine consistency
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a non stick pan and add jeera. Allow it to splutter, add garlic, chopped onions and spices such as salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix it well. When the onion turn light brown add tomato in it and cook until it becomes soft. Grate Beetroot and add it also to get reddish colour(Street style).
- Add coriander powder, pav bhaji masala and saute for 2 mins and then add ground vegetables and mix all properly. Cook it for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and butter.
- To serve: Make a cut in between Paw, open it and apply butter in it and put it on a hot nonstick pan for getting toasted.
Fusion for Kids/Toddlers:-
Serve the bhaji with extra cheese as toppings and paw or take a pizza bread spread butter on it then spread the bhaji on it. Grate cheese on it and bake it for 5 mins and serve it at Pav Bhaji Pizza to the Kids.